Tuesday 11 February 2014

Not that I'm one to moan but..................

So the lurgy came and found me and has been with me for 2 days now. I am as weak as a kitten and my neck has gone scraggy. All food makes me feel sick and I am hungry. Red wine is my only comfort and it is fat club tomorrow and I may pass out at the scales. If I don't lose even an ounce then I may have a bit of a tantrum, so if any of my Redruth buddies are reading this - you have been warned!
 
And yet another day of rain and cold and wind which is par for the course now. The sun has been out for most of the day, but as soon as you get lulled into that false sense of security and think 'I may go out' then the sky goes dark and all apocalyptic. It needs to be spring and then it needs to be summer.
 
On a lighter note I have given away more fat clothes to the BHF. This now means that I have hardly any clothes yet but some of the local fat people have got some lovely stuff. One of the phrases at fat club is NSV which means 'non scales victories' and this is what it's all about. We are encouraged to measure ourselves and even if we have not lost on the scales then there may be a cheeky inch or two less of  a part of our body and that is good! My waist and hips have gone down considerably and my ample chest is still ample but seeing as I am going to Cardiff to see Dolly Parton in June with Leanne, then this look will work well.

M made soup tonight and it is delicious and I think it may be just what the lurgy doctor ordered. I know there was cream involved but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it will make a difference to any weight loss tomorrow. At least I hope not.

And on a more sensitive  note - tomorrow is a year since my lovely neighbour Gill and her 3 dogs died. I will shed a little tear for her and I will have a few minutes silence for her and tomorrow night I will raise a glass with her family and friends in her memory. A wonderful lady, taken tragically and too soon and one that we all miss so much.

But life goes on and I for one will am proud to be part of her life celebration and if I could say one thing to her it would be ''Hello Granny Spaniel - can I borrow your tin opener?''

No comments:

Post a Comment